Student Enrollment (Kindergarten - Grade 12)
All new students (Kindergarten through 12th grade) and those transferring within our district will need to visit our Central Registration office to enroll your child in school. Our goal in having one location for student enrollment is to improve customer service by expediting the process, ensuring consistency across all 38 schools, and making it more convenient for those with children in more than one school. It is a requirement that the parent go to Central Registration in order to complete the registration process, even if you have completed the online application.
Parents of new or returning students to Houston County Schools will need to complete the online application by clicking on the cloud link above before the scheduled appointment at Central Registration.You will be able to upload your documents into the online application as well.
If you do not have access to the online registration, please arrive for your appointment at least 20 minutes early so you can use our computers to complete the application. The more students you have to register, the longer the application will take to complete. Please note if you have not done your online application and it is more than 15 minutes after your scheduled appointment time when you finish, you will need to reschedule for another time or be processed as a walk in with a longer wait time.
**Please note this cannot be completed using a cell phone or tablet**
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR REGISTRATION
Please bring all the items listed below to Central Registration to your appointment in order to successfully register your child.
1. Parent/Guardian Photo ID
(for example: work ID, passport, driver's license)
2. Child's certified birth certificate
3. Custody Orders/Court Papers/Guardianship- if the child does not live with natural parents
4. All students new to the county or transferring schools within the county need to provide a disconnect notice from the previous address (Georgia residents only)
5. Two proofs of residency
- Lease or Current Mortgage statement (coupon book; closing papers if just purchased)
PLUS ONE of the following:
- Utility bill (electric, water, or cable bill - for service within the last 30 days OR connect order if just moved in)
- Property tax statement or income tax statement (current year)
- Automobile registration or insurance policy (current year/month)
- Mail from any government agency (within 30 days)
6. Social Security Card (or signed waiver per O.C.G.A. 20-2-150)
7. Ear, Eye, and Dental Screening, Georgia Form 3300 - 30 days from date of registration (available from a GA licensed doctor or the Health Department)
8. Immunization Certificate, Georgia Form 3231- at enrollment (available from a GA licensed doctor or the Health Department)
9. Withdrawal form and/or last report card, if transferring from another school system