Central Registration is located at 410 Bear Country Boulevard off Highway 96, next to Houston County High School.
Extended Hours for July 21 - Aug 2, 2021
Monday - Friday
7:00 am until 7:00 pm
Please note that we will stop accepting COA's and Affidavit Renewals at 6:45 pm in order to get everyone processed before we close at 7 pm.
Phone: (478) 741-3610
Fax for parent use: (478) 987-8025
Fax for school use: (478) 987-8015
Student Enrollment (Kindergarten - Grade 12)
All new students (Kindergarten through 12th grade) and those transferring within our district will need to visit our Central Registration office to enroll your child in school. Our goal in having one location for student enrollment is to improve customer service by expediting the process, ensuring consistency across all 39 schools, and making it more convenient for those with children in more than one school. It is a requirement that the parent go to Central Registration in order to complete the registration process, even if you have completed the online application.
Step Two - Complete Paperwork
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR REGISTRATION
Please bring all items listed below to your scheduled appointment at Central Registration to successfully register your child.
1. Parent/Guardian Photo ID
(for example: work ID, passport, driver's license)
2. Child's certified birth certificate
3. Custody Orders/Court Papers/Guardianship- if the child does not live with natural parents
4. All students new to the county or transferring schools within the county need to provide a disconnect notice from the previous address. (Georgia residents only.)
5. Two proofs of residency
- Lease or Current Mortgage statement (coupon book; closing papers if just purchased)
PLUS ONE of the following:
- Utility bill (electric, water, or cable bill - for service within the last 30 days OR connect order if just moved in)
- Property tax statement or income tax statement (current year)
- Automobile registration or insurance policy (current year/month)
- Mail from any government agency (within 30 days)
6. Social Security Card (or signed waiver per O.C.G.A. 20-2-150 - available at CR)
7. Ear, Eye, and Dental Screening, Georgia Form 3300 - 30 days from date of registration during the school year (available from a GA licensed doctor or the Health Department.) (For upcoming K, this form is due at time of registration due to there being more than 30 day until the next school year starts.)
8. Immunization Certificate, Georgia Form 3231- at enrollment (available from a GA licensed doctor or the Health Department.)
9. Withdrawal form and/or last report card, if transferring from another school system