The Houston County School District will hold Kindergarten Round-up from May 1 to May 31. During Kindergarten Round-up, parents are encouraged to register their rising kindergarteners for the 2023-2024 school year. Registration takes place at the Central Registration office, located at 410 Bear Country Boulevard in Warner Robins.
“We are excited to welcome new students to our District! We scheduled our Kindergarten Roundup in May so that parents can beat the summer registration rush,” said Dr. Cheryl Thomas, Assistant Superintendent for School Operations. “Our online registration and appointment system expedites the process for our families.”
Students currently enrolled in the Houston County School District’s Pre-K program will automatically be registered for kindergarten. Students who were placed on the Pre-K waiting list for the 2022-2023 school year will not need to register again.
Any families of Pre-K students who have moved must go to Central Registration to complete a change of address and register for the new school. Pre-K students currently registered in a daycare program or another Bright from the Start program will also need to register to attend kindergarten in the District.
Parents are encouraged to follow three steps to register their child:
- Schedule an appointment online at www.hcbe.net/centralregistration;
- Pre-register online at www.hcbe.net/centralregistration; and
- Bring the proper documents to the scheduled appointment at Central Registration.
Online registration should be completed prior to the appointment at Central Registration. Parents without computer access should arrive 20 minutes before their appointment to complete the online registration. Please note that cell phones and tablets cannot be used to complete the registration.
Kindergarten students must be five years old on or before September 1 to attend kindergarten in a Georgia public school. Only a parent or legal guardian may register a child. The following items are required to register a child:
- Parent/guardian photo ID
- Child’s certified birth certificate
- Guardianship/custody orders if child does not live with natural parents
- Two Proofs of Residency:
- Lease or mortgage and
- One of the following:
- Utility bill (electric, water or cable bill – for service within the last 30 days or connect order if just moved in)
- Property tax statement or Income tax statement (current year)
- Automobile registration or insurance (current year/month)
- Mail from any government agency (within 30 days)
- Social Security Card (or signed waiver per O.C.G.A. 20-2-150 - available at Central Registration)
- Ear, Eye and Dental Screening, Georgia Form 3300 (available from a Georgia licensed doctor or the Health Department)
- Immunization Certificate, Georgia Form 3231 (available from a Georgia licensed doctor or the Health Department).
Central Registration is open during the week from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 to 5:00 p.m., except for Wednesday. Wednesday hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Central Registration is closed during school district holidays. For more information, please visit www.hcbe.net/centralregistration or call (478) 741-3610.