The Houston County School District educates over 30,000 Pre-K-12th grade students at 36 schools. Our students excel in many areas, outperforming state and national test averages, winning academic competitions and earning sports championships. Our schools and employees have garnered numerous state and national awards for outstanding achievements. Our faculty and staff members continually strive to improve and work to take our District to even greater heights.
Our mission is to produce high achievement for all through continuous growth. Our vision is to be the standard for world-class education.
- Prioritize the safety and well-being of all.
- Produce college and career ready graduates.
- Promote the academic success of all students. All means all!
- Ensure the academic, behavioral, and social-emotional growth of students through a Multi-Tiered System of Supports.
- Support quality learning, by student, by standard.
- Take collective responsibility for teaching, learning, and professional development through professional learning communities.
- Use evidence-based, high-leverage practices to meet the needs of all students.
- Create partnerships with stakeholders that promote positive relationships and student success.
The Houston County Way:
- Strive for excellence in all that we do.
- Have a professional attitude.
- Go the extra mile.
- Base decisions on what is best for students.
- Provide quality customer service.
- Work hard, with dedication and love for students.
- Approach work every day with a positive attitude, hope, enthusiasm and compassion.
- Do things right; do the right thing.
Houston County is a great place to learn, live and work!