The mission of the Houston County Pre-Kindergarten Program is to provide developmentally appropriate educational opportunities for four-year old children and their families. The program will promote a partnership among the child, family, school and community to encourage life-long learning.
The Houston County School District Pre-K Program strives to ensure that every child in every school has access to a high-quality education that promotes their academic, social, emotional, and physical development. We are committed to helping your child reach his or her fullest potential, prepared to enter kindergarten. In partnership with our parents, we strive to meet each child's needs in all areas. Together, we can accomplish great things and take pride in your child's success.
We welcome your questions and concerns.
Sharon Eddy, Coordinator for Special Programs
Stephanie Dixon, Administrative Assistant for Special Programs
Pre-K Registration for the 2023-2024 School Year
Preparing for Pre-K Resources
Below are links and resources for parents to help their child prepare for Pre-K.
- Items children should be know and be able to do at this age
- Free screen to address concerns about a child's development
- Tools to help prepare for Pre-K
- Importance of Handwashing
We strongly encourage parents to practice handwashing with their child so they can independently wash his or her hands at the start of Pre-K.
Georgia Pre-K Resources
Below are resources from the state and other agencies to support parents of Pre-K.
- HCBE Pre-K Handbook FY 22-23
- HCBE Pre-K Handbook FY 22-23 Spanish
- GA Pre-K Family Page
- Parents FAQ about GA Pre-K
- Enrolling in GA Pre-K General Information
- GA Early Learning and Development Standards (GELDS)
- Useful Resource Links for Families
- GA Pre-K Activities from Home
- GA BFTS DECAL - Locate Other Pre-K Programs
- Supporting Social and Emotional Needs